Spotify’s RapCaviar playlist helped Jack Harlow celebrate the release of his latest album with a party in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.
The special event took place during Kentucky Derby weekend at the Ice House site. The Talk of the Town event brought the hip-hop scene to downtown Louisville. Harlow’s friends and family joined the rapper for the occasion as he took the stage alongside DJ Zack Bia to rock the crowd and play songs from the album, including “First Class” and “Poison “.
“My second album is about home, about digging deeper and going all out,” says Jack Harlow. “I wanted to show it big in my hometown this year. Much like my album, this celebration is something Louisville has never seen before. Thanks to Spotify for hosting my friends and family for a special album release celebration, I couldn’t have had a better time.
On a recent episode of Spotify’s For the Record podcast, Harlow spoke about the support he’s received from Spotify. “I’ve been getting a lot of support from Spotify since before I had a big record. And once I released a big record, I saw the effect of listening and all the platform could do,” Harlow said.
“I think there is a kind of cohesion. I think a lot of my listeners are on Spotify. And I’m thrilled that this is the company that will be in Louisville, KY for this party – that people are going to look up and see this logo.
That shouldn’t be too surprising though, Jack. A recent study found that most playlists curated by Spotify tend to favor artists signed to major labels or their offshoots. As an Atlantic Records and Warner Music Australia artist, Harlow ranks high on these curated playlists.
Meanwhile, Jack Harlow’s new live tour in support of his latest album is kick off in September. The “Come Home the Kids Miss You Tour” is presented by Live Nation and will run through 2022. Tickets go on sale May 11 for presale and May 13 for general admission.
Jack Harlow 2022 Live – “Come Home, The Miss You Miss Kids Tour”
- 6 | Nashville Municipal Auditorium – Nashville, TN
- 8 | The Toyota Music Factory Pavilion – Irving, TX
- ten | 713 Music Hall – Houston, TX
- 11 | Moody Center – Austin, TX
- 13 | Arizona Federal Theater – Phoenix, AZ
- 17 | Viejas Arena – San Diego, California
- 20 | The Kia Forum – Inglewood, CA
- 23 | WAMU Theater – Seattle, WA
- 24 | Rogers Arena – Vancouver, BC
- 25 | Veterans Memorial Coliseum – Portland, OR
- 27 | Maverik Center – Salt Lake City, Utah
- 28 | 1STBANK Center – Denver, CO
- 30 | The Armory – Minneapolis, MN
- 1 | Credit Union 1 Arena – Chicago, Illinois
- 2 | Fox Theater – Detroit, Michigan
- 5 | Coca-Cola Coliseum – Toronto, Ontario
- 8 | The Liacouras Center – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 9 | MGM Music Hall at Fenway – Boston, MA
- 11 | The Anthem – Washington DC
- 14 | PFL Solar Amphitheater at Bayfront Park – Miami, FL
- 15 | Yuengling Center – Tampa, Florida
- 16 | State Farm Arena – Atlanta, Georgia